On the NEW ENERGY panel. BIOMETHANE. THE GREAT TRANSITION TO GREEN GASES: NEW REALITY OR FANTASY OF THE FUTURE important questions were considered:
- Briefly about the potential of biogas/green hydrogen in Ukraine: real volumes of production and at what cost (without subsidies).
- Green gas as an object of regulatory regulation (Ukraine, EU, rest of the world).
- Extraction/production, transportation, storage and consumption of biogas in Ukraine. Future Forecast: Green/Natural Gas Balance to 2030.
- Integration of Ukraine into the green ecosystem of Europe. Steps to alignment.
- Operational energy markets during the green transition. Challenges and benefits.
- What will the future energy sector of Ukraine look like? What is the role of wind, sun, biogas, biomethane and hydrogen, storage stations, distributed generation and how to rebuild the entire energy infrastructure of Ukraine?
- Gas hubs in Eastern and Central Europe – cooperation and prospects for unification.
- The successful experience of countries that are following the path of decarbonization of their industry.
- Post-war reconstruction: the opportunity to reform and decarbonize the electricity market.
- Development of the biogas and biomethane market in Europe, with an emphasis on Germany.
- Green Energy for Ukraine: From Biomethane to Hydrogen – legislative regulation and challenges.
- Prospects for the export of Ukrainian biomethane to the EU.
- Domestic technologies for the production of biomethane and bringing it to the level of a commercial product.
115 delegates took part in the two days of the Forum. About 70 speakers made presentations. The delegates represented more than 45 resident companies and 18 international companies. Representatives of more than 10 mass media joined the forum. The geography of the forum covered more than 15 countries of the world.